Gale In Context: For Educators - Link or Embed Documents within Canvas
Once you’ve installed the Gale In Context: For Educators app in your Canvas course, you will be able to easily share documents in assignments, announcements, discussions, and more!
The Link to student document button on individual items in Gale In Context: For Educators allows you to add a link in Canvas. When students click this link, the item will open in the Gale In Context resource within their Canvas window.
The Embed student document button on individual items in Gale In Context: For Educators allows you to insert an item within an assignment, quiz, or other page within your Canvas course. When students access the page in Canvas, they will see the full document within the page.
To link or embed Gale In Context: For Educators documents within Canvas:
- Login to Canvas, select a course of interest, and create a new (or edit an existing) assignment, discussion, quiz, etc.
- After adding a title for the page in Canvas, click the Gale In Context: For Educators app located near the rich text options directly above the text field.
- A Gale In Context: For Educators window will appear on top of your Canvas screen. If you have not already logged in to Gale In Context: For Educators during your browser session, you will need to log in with your Google or Microsoft account associated withGale In Context: For Educators. To do so, click the orange Create Account/Log In button. If you see a search box under the Gale In Context: For Educators title, you are already logged in and ready to move to step four.
- Navigate to an item of interest in Gale In Context: For Educators. You can search, browse by curriculum and subject area, or access any items within your existing folders in the My Class Resources area.
- If you would like to add an introduction or annotations to the document before adding it to Canvas, first use the +Add To Folderbutton in the top menu to add the item to one of your existing folders or to create a new folder for the item. Then, select text within the document to begin adding annotations, or click the My Tools button to add and save an introduction or edit existing annotations.
- Click Link to student document or Embed student document to add the item in Canvas.
- When the Gale In Context: For Educators window closes, you will see the link to the item or the embedded document in the text window of the Canvas page. Be sure to finish filling in any necessary fields within Canvas, and then Save/Publish your post as necessary.