For help with account administration such as order status, billing, invoicing and more sign in to My Account or contact Customer Experience. The team is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST.
Customers who register for My Account access:
- Instantly preview any eBook available on the GVRL platform
- Manage contacts, billing and shipping information
- Order print and eBook titles online
- Renew subscription of electronic resources online
- View detailed pricing and availability
- Track order status
- View shopping cart and manage wish lists
- Print and pay invoices
How do I register for My Account access?
- Proceed to www.gale.com
- Access My Account (top right-hand corner).
- Scroll down and to the left of the screen, see the following field, “New User”? then select the Register tab.
- If already an existing customer, enter Account #, Zip Code and click on the Retrieve tab (your account information will populate).
- If account number is unknown, scroll down and enter Account information and contact information. Upon validation the user will be provided with an account #.
- Once all the required fields are populated, click on the Submit Registration tab.
*Please note that a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
How do I reset My Account password?
- Proceed to www.gale.com
- My Account – My Profile Overview
- Password & Security
- Enter Current Password
- Enter New Password
- Confirm Password
- Enter answer to security question
- Update Password
Please contact the Gale Customer Experience team: M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (EST) 800-877-4253 ext. 54258, if you are need assistance with resetting your password.
Where is the My Account feature located?
How can I reach the Gale Technical Support team?
Please contact Technical Support at 800-877-4253 opt. 4
or email [email protected]
How can I obtain usage statistics for my Gale online resource?
or email [email protected]
How do I contact my Gale Sales rep?
Please visit support.gale/reps to locate your Gale Sales representative.
I am a professor/instructor. How do I request a Gale desk/review copy?
Desk/Review copies can be obtained the following ways:
- Fax completed Review Copy form to 800- 414-5043
- Email: Send completed Review copy form to: [email protected]
Orders are processed/confirmed within 24 -72 hrs. of receipt.
I have a Cengage textbook question. Who should I contact?
Please contact our parent company, Cengage Learning Customer Service at 800-354-9706 or contact them via support.cengage.com and select the option that best fits your market (i.e. college, student, instructor etc.).
What is the difference between Gale and Cengage?
Gale is a part of Cengage Learning. Gale is a research provider, specializing primarily in reference products. See our website for more information regarding our products: www.gale.com. Our parent company, Cengage Learning specializes in higher learning products, including textbooks. Learn more about Cengage via their website: www.cengage.com.
How can I change my address?
We offer several ways to make changes to your address.
How can I remove my name from your mailing list?
- Contact the Gale Customer Experience team: M-F 8 a.m. -5 p.m. (EST) 800-877-4253 ext. 54258
- E-mail the Gale Customer Experience team: gale.customerserv[email protected]
Where do I send payments?
Payments should be sent to:Cengage Learning, Gale
PO Box 936754
Atlanta, GA 31193-6754
Can I pay my invoices via credit card?
Customers can pay their invoices at the point of sale using a credit card. Gale customers with My Account access may pay their invoices online via credit card.
How do I request a refund on my account?
- Refund requests must be sent in writing to the Credit Analyst assigned to your account.
- Contact the Gale Customer Experience team: M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (EST) 800-877-4253 ext. 54258 for assistance with locating the Credit Analyst for your account.
- Refund checks will be issued to the mailing address on the “bill to” account, which is the account where the credit balance is being refunded.
What is the email address and/or fax number for placing an order?
The email address is [email protected]. The fax number is 800-414-5043. Orders are processed/confirmed within 24 -72 hrs. of receipt. Orders may also be placed online via My Account (see instructions for My Account registration).
Do you provide return labels?
Prepaid labels are promptly provided if/when a customer reports receipt of a damaged/defective title or if a duplicate shipment is received. These are sent via email or mailed depending on customer preference.
How can I make changes to my standing order?
- Contact the Gale Customer Experience team: M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (EST) 800-877-4253 ext. 54258
- E-mail the Gale Customer Experience team: [email protected]
How are shipping charges calculated?
Shipping charges are calculated based on the weight of the items that are purchased. There is no shipping charge on prepaid orders.
Where can I find large print titles on Gale's website?
Large print titles can be found on the Thorndike website: http//thorndike.gale.com. Search options include:
- Standing Order Plans
- Coming Soon
- Special Offers
- Young Readers
You may also download current Thorndike catalogs; however, please note that the catalog will expire within 3 months of the download.
Where can I access information about Gale product updates?
Real time product updates can be found via: blog.gale.com/category/updates
How do I obtain MARC records for my institution's Gale resources?
MARC records can be accessed via: support.gale.com/marc/products/. Enter your institution's LOC ID and you will see a link for your MARC records for your eBooks and databases. Click on the link to access your MARC records.
What is Gale's return policy and address for returning product?
Print titles may be returned within 60 days of the invoice if the items are in resalable condition. These should be returned via traceable means. The following address should be used for Gale product returns:CENGAGE LEARNING
10650 Toebben Drive
Independence KY 41051
Please include a copy of your invoice and indicate the reason for the return. Returns should be sent via traceable means either via UPS or Federal Express. Return credits can take between 6-8 weeks to post to your account.
Can I cancel an EBook after purchase?
EBooks cannot be cancelled after purchase. Once eBooks are purchased they are a permanent part of your GVRL collection if you opt to maintain access via your hosting fee, which is billed annually.