Add a Gale In Context: For Educators App to your Canvas LMS courses to quickly find and add premium Gale In Context content to assignments, announcements, discussions, and more!
Simply follow the steps below:
- Login to Canvas, select a course of interest, and access the course Settings.
- In the Apps portion of your course Settings, click View App Configurations. Then, click +App.
- In the Add App window, use the Configuration Type drop-down to select By URL.
- After the Add App window loads fields specific to the By URL Configuration Type, fill in the Product Name Gale In Context: For Educators.
- In the Add App window, fill in your Consumer Key and Shared Secret. Your key and secret are unique to your institution. If you are not sure what your institution's key and secret are, ask your librarian, or contact [email protected].
- In the Add App window, paste https://link.gale.com/apps/configuration.xml?product=ICFE&lms=canvas into the Config URL field.
- When you have finished filling in the Add App window, click Submit to save your changes and add a Gale In Context: For Educators app to your course.
You will find a symbol for the Gale In Context: For Educators app directly above the text field in assignments, announcements, discussions, and more! Simply click the symbol to open the app, find content to share, and then link or embed documents to share with your students.