Several new features are coming to the test-taking experience within Testing and Education Reference Center. These enhancements are currently available for preview within the DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams.
Exams will be migrated to the new experience on a rolling basis, with the migration concluding at the start of 2019. Users will have access to both experiences for approximately 30 days after each exam migrates.
New features include:
- Reset tests: Users can now retake practice tests! The new platform removes the limitations on how many times a test can be taken. The option to reset exams is available in the user’s dashboard.
- Badging: New “Achievements” badges promote engagement by rewarding users for completing certain tasks within Testing and Education Reference Center.
- Study plan: Testing and Education Reference Center’s new “Study Plan” lets users input their actual test date and then provides a custom dashboard to help them track progress toward their goals.
- Account view: Practicing for multiple exams? The Account page gives users an at-a-glance view of all tests currently in progress.
- Revisit later: Stuck on a hard question, or not confident in an answer? The new “Revisit Later” function flags questions for users to easily revisit during their final answer review.
- Toolbox: The new Toolbox feature gives users quick access to a notepad and a calculator while taking a practice exam.
- Bookmarks and notes: As users review their scored exams, they can Bookmark questions and add Notes to identify areas where they may need additional study.
What Other Features are New or Improved?
- Confidence levels: Also during review, users can assign Confidence scores to their answers. These are then grouped for easy access to help users check their understanding.
Subject Hub MARC records:New MARK records are available for the subject pages within Testing and Education Reference Center, such as ACT, SAT, LSAT, and Medical/Nursing. These descriptive records improve the discoverability of your content by making the tests and eBooks searchable within your library’s catalog. When clicking on a record, users will be taken directly to the corresponding hub page so that they can easily find the appropriate test, as well as any related exams or eBooks. The new records are available for download on the Gale Support Site. Corresponding URLs are also featured on the Direct URLs page (under the new “TERC” tab).
Content updates (new and forthcoming):
- NEW: Microsoft video tutorials for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- NEW: Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science
- NEW: Advanced Placement (AP) Environmental Science
- NEW: Dental Admissions Test (DAT)
- NEW: Master the Nursing School and Allied Health Entrance Exam ebook, 20th edition
- UPDATED: NCLEX-PN and NCLEX-RN exams
- COMING SOON: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
For more detail about this update, or if you have questions, please contact the Gale Customer Success team.
Not a Testing and Education Reference Center customer, but would like to know more? Contact your Gale Representative today.