Gale In Context: For Educators - Link a Folder in Canvas
If there are multiple Gale In Context: For Educators items you’d like to add to Canvas, you can organize them into a Gale In Context: For Educators folder, and then add a link to the folder to a Canvas assignment, announcement, discussion, etc. When students click the link, the folder will open in Gale In Context within their Canvas window. Students will then be able to click to access any of the items within the folder.
To link a Gale In Context: For Educators folder within Canvas:
- Login to Canvas, select a course of interest, and create a new (or edit an existing) assignment, discussion, quiz, etc.
- After adding a title for the page in Canvas, click the Gale In Context: For Educators app located near the rich text options directly above the text field.
- A Gale In Context: For Educators window will appear on top of your Canvas screen. If you have not already logged in to Gale In Context: For Educators during your browser session, you will need to log in with your Google or Microsoft account associated withGale In Context: For Educators. To do so, click the orange Create Account/Log In button. If you see a search box under the Gale In Context: For Educators title, you are already logged in and ready to move to step four.
- Click My Resources to access your folders within Gale In Context: For Educators. Click the title of the folder of interest to access its content.
- Click Link to Student Folder to add the folder link in Canvas.
- When the Gale In Context: For Educators window closes, you will see the link to the folder in the text window of the Canvas page. Be sure to finish filling in any necessary fields within Canvas, and then Save/Publish your post as necessary.